It's the little things that make the difference. I'm not sure why, but this topic is more related to men. Probably it's because women have better manners innately. Anyway, it does no harm to consider for both sites ;-)
Lets have an eye on what's important to prove your good manners at the first date:
- Men open doors for ladies. When entering a cafe or a restaurant take a step forward and open the door for her. Wait until she stepped in. That's part of the first impression and as you know there is no second chance for the first impression.
- Choice of seats. Usually the host offers the better seat to the guest. This rule should also apply between men and women during the first date. In that case men offer the seat with the better view to the lady. This means in detail, that men look against the wall while she looks into the room and can see what's going on in the place.
- Let the other finish speaking and do not interrupt.
- Say something like "thank you” when get something. Not only to the one you are dating. This particularly applies to all other people like the waiter or anybody else you get in touch with during your date.
- If you are a smoker, please stop yourself from smoking during the date- no matter how excited you are. You can smoke afterwards again! Mostly smoking during the date gives a really bad impression, above all the other isn't a smoker.
- Avoid drinking alcohol during the first date. Depending on the situation some wine might be possible, if you have dinner together. Anyway, it looks better if you order something without alcohol. Absolutely undesirable are men drinking beer during the date!
- When you have dinner together, you are allowed to use the napkin. Of cause take care you haven't a smeared mouth while eating, but don't use the back of your hand to clan it. Just use the napkin instead.
Please feel free to leave a comment or your oppinion: